Ciliated hairs are an annoying condition that originates when the follicles become clogged, due to excessive accumulation of dead cells. This prevents the hair from leaving the surface normaly and as it grows in the interior, produces a small inflammation that can cause pain. They are usually common in those with curly and thick hair, although they can all suffer at least once in their life.
Its appearance is a consequence of epilation, especially when it is done with blades or shaving machines. Fortunately, they do not pose a health risk and, although they can sometimes become infected, they can be easily treated with some natural remedies.
In the next space, we want to share 5 good options so that you do not hesitate to apply them when you notice that this problem afflicts you.
1. Oatmeal and yogurt
A natural scrub of oats and yogurt can correct caked hairs without causing irritation or complications in the affected area.
Its properties remove the dead cells retained in the follicle and, little by little, facilitate the extraction of hair.
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (54 g)
- Incorporate the oatmeal in a bowl and mix with the natural yogurt until a thick paste is obtained.
How to use
- Extend the product on the affected area and rub it with gentle circular movements for 3 or 5 minutes.
- Then let it sit for an additional 30 minutes and rinse.
- Use it for 3 or 4 days in a row.
2. Jojoba oil and sugar
By combining these natural products we obtain an effective remedy against hairs that grow underneath the skin.
Both clean the surface of the follicle and, when uncovered, remove dead skin and control inflammation.
- 1 tablespoon thick sugar (12 g)
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil (30 g)
- Moisten the thick sugar with the tablespoons of jojoba oil and mix it to get a grainy paste.
How to use
- Rub the product on the frizzy hairs and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat use for 3 days in a row.
You may also like to read: RELIEVES SENSITIVE SKIN WITH A HOMEMADE AVOCADO AND FLAXSEED MASK
3. Sodium bicarbonate and lemon
Baking soda is a natural exfoliant that helps us clean and repairs the skin. Its antibacterial properties reduce the risk of infection and prevent complications in the areas affected by these hairs. In this case, we propose its combination with lemon juice, an ingredient that helps regulate the pH of the skin to accelerate its recovery.
Of course, it is a product of exclusive use for the night, since if exposed to the sun can cause stains.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- Moisten the baking soda with the lemon juice and make sure you get a thick paste.
How to use
- Rub the scrub over the clogged areas and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and use 2 or 3 times a week.
4. Black Tea
The anti-inflammatory properties of black tea can serve to alleviate the swelling and redness caused by incarnated hairs.
It contains a substance known as tannic acid which, on the skin, regulates the pH and decreases the obstruction of the follicles.
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon black tea (10 g)
- Bring a cup of water to the boil and add the black tea.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes and filter it.
How to use
- Dip a clean cloth in the drink and put it on the area affected by these hairs.
- Make sure the liquid is as hot as possible and do the treatment for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure every day until the problem is alleviated.
5. Coffee and honey
The ground coffee scraps are useful for preparing a natural scrub which, in addition to removing dead skin, significantly reduces ingrown hairs.
Its natural acids help to improve circulation and, thanks to this, controls inflammation and itching.
- 1 tablespoon coffee scraps (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- Combine the coffee scraps with a couple of tablespoons of honey until a thick, grainy paste is obtained.
How to use
- Extend the product on the affected areas and perform gentle circular massage.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Use it for 2 or 3 days in a row.
Do you have bothered hair? Choose some of these home remedies and say goodbye to this uncomfortable problem that affects the beauty of your skin.