In our space, we have talked to you on numerous occasions about the great benefits of consuming beets or beets. Rich in antioxidants, nitrates, and multiple vitamins becomes an essential food that we should not do without.
Now we have more reasons: thanks to a recent research we know that beet juice increases health and muscle strength in patients who have suffered a heart problem.
Great news that we want to share with you.
Beet juice to strengthen our heart
The story was published Monday, September 21, 2015, in the journal ” HealthDay .” The work was carried out at the University of Washington (USA), and its author, Dr. Linda R. Peterson was hopeful for the results obtained:
In the study, a series of patients suffering from various coronary diseases, especially those who had just had a myocardial infarction were used as experimental subjects.
- In the tests, they were offered a glass of concentrated beet juice. Undiluted, only liquefied vegetable.
- The effect was almost immediate. At two hours the patients showed a 13% increase in the power in their muscles.
- They were able to do activities of moderate intensity or even high. An example of this was climbing stairs. As you know, one of the most costly activities for those who have this ailment is to perform this exercise so common, which involves exercising the heart and the muscles of the legs.
- Linda R. Peterson took as a starting point the fact that many elite athletes consume beet juice to improve their activity. Why not try it then on patients suffering from some heart disease?
- In view of the good results, it follows that beet juice improves the muscular strength and strength of the heart thanks to its high concentration of nitrates.
- The body converts nitrates to nitric oxide. This element helps us to optimize the metabolism and to relax the blood vessels.
- We can find nitrate in both beets and spinach or any green leafy vegetable.
- The study has been carried out in a small group of people, but the researchers have as the project to put it into practice in a much wider sample.
If we have heart disease, how can beet juice help us?
According to the authors of this same study, consuming beet juice each day can help us to have a better quality of life. However, it is necessary to take into account some basic aspects:
You may also like to read: TIPS FOR EATING LESS CARBOHYDRATES
- Beet juice is not going to give us strength throughout the day to carry out intense activities. Absolutely.
- This natural remedy offers us a limited and fair aid, that is to say, after two hours we will notice an increase of energy and resistance. We can climb stairs, carry shopping bags, and take a little walk…
They are, in essence, common activities that sometimes after suffering a heart attack we cannot play the same way or, simply, it is impossible. Let’s say that beet juice acts as an energetic and invigorating remedy very useful for day to day.
Tell you furthermore that it is not only suitable for patients with heart problems. It will also be very useful for those people who suffer periods of weakness, are convalescent or currently, follow some chemotherapy treatment.
Other Benefits of Beets
Aging with health
As we grow older we gain experience, but we lose some health. One fact that we cannot forget is that the muscles become weaker and we have less strength.
The simple fact of taking a natural juice of beets every day can help us to strengthen them, to have that daily energy that would allow us to have a better quality of life.
A natural source of antioxidants
Have you noticed its color? An intense crimson red, with a fresh earthy flavor. All this already gives us clear clues of its benefits and its high content of antioxidants:
- These antioxidants strengthen our tissues and fight against free radicals.
- We avoid premature aging.
- We get adequate protection against different types of cancer.
- Strengthen the immune system.
Beets are rich in iron and vitamin C
What does this mean? That the beet is going to be very useful in case we suffer from anemia. And even more, given its richness in vitamin C we can optimize from a liver function, kidney function, we fight against bad or LDL cholesterol…
Having seen this data, we should not hesitate. The regular consumption of beet juice will allow us to enjoy a better quality of life, whether we are healthy or if we just suffered from a heart problem.